Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 62; Six Weeks Post Partum.



Day 62; Operation Deployment.
Today was my six week post partum checkup.
my baby maker is back in great shape, but again, it's backwards.
how my uterus is backwards after carrying a baby, i have no idea.
just means no more Doggie Style for Daddy. :P
my incision has healed well.
i still have 7 more pounds to lose to hit pre pregnancy weight, but honestly, I'm fine where i am.
my old jeans fit, my tummy is flat, and it won't be long before I'm all toned.
I get the Mirena put in on the 10th, which gives my body time to adjust in case i need to switch methods before Mike gets home.
i now have my official first period in 11 months.
it absolutely sucks.
but, i have a nice clean bill of health. :)

i spoke with my doctor about my worries of baby blues hitting. things are beginning to get more and more overwhelming. the littlest things set me off. and the communication between here and Afghanistan doesn't help my mood swings any better. i have very off days, but she assured me, that i didn't have anything to worry about. bad days are going to happen. I'm going to cry and yell and get angry. It's the hormones in my body, dealing with the Deployment, trying to get ahead of things, and taking care of wee man. i've had no thoughts or wants to hurt myself, especially Ryder. I'm a woman, and it's normal to be moody.

Ryder will be getting his 2 month shots here in the next 2 weeks.
he's growing far too fast for my liking.
he is getting such a goofy personality like his Daddy.
he smiles now when he's awake. i love him being a happy baby.
he will spit his binky out then try to put it back in his mouth. but instead he tries sticking it in his nose, his eye, his ear once. everything BUT his mouth.
he isn't very talkative yet, but that's okay with me. my baby of few words, lol. i usually know what he's thinking anyway.
he enjoys bath time with Mommy.
and we read "i love you through and through" every night before bed.
he grunts and gets all red faced and yells hen he's pooping. trust me, he will let you know what's goin on down there!
he still isn't very much on a schedule. but I'm attempting to change that. i just know when Mike comes home everything will change again. so right now it's just goin with the flow.
he's TRYING to be a big boy and start sleeping in his pack n play some of the night, but that too, depends on his mood. he sure does love his mommy!
i am NOT happy that he inherited his Daddys butt though. lol. Newborn shorts/pants are too big still. and he's so long that his jammies without feetsies flood on him. i have a feeling he will be in newborn clothes for awhile.
and i don't care what Mike says, he's for sure, a little redhead.
and he's going to stay that way, i hope! because he's adorable!

each day gets a little bit more difficult being here and doing this on my own. i have Monique and Amber that help out a lot, but it's not the same as having Mike here. he's been helping as best he can emotionally. as i've said, i no longer worry about his ability to be a great Dad when he gets back. i was worried there for a little while, but he's shown me he's ALL about Ryder. he gets excited when talking about coming home and learning how to give him a bath and change diapers and everything. that in itself, is such a relief. i know a lot of dads that don't help out at all. my dad never changed a diaper, and he wasn't even around for the pregnancy and birth of my brother. but Mike talking and kissing him while he was still in my belly, and the things he says now, i can't wait to have him home and show him the ropes. though i told him i was going to go on a 7 month vacation when he does. he says that defeats all purpose of him coming home then, lol. i am just very excited to see what the end of the year has in store for the three of us. :)

1 comment:

  1. i love that book!!! i read it to Sophia all the time, its one of my favorites. I know its hard doing it alone :/

    ReplyDelete