Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 124; Two Years.



Day 124; Operation Deployment.

exactly two years ago today, Michael returned home from the upper peninsula of Michigan. about an hour after he got back home, he texted me asking to see me. i told him i would love to, and he told me to wear pants and gym shoes.
45 minutes later and butterflies, i see him ride up on his electric blue motorcycle, take off his helmet, and shook my mamas hand.
she just stared at him, as he smiled at me, and put the helmet on my head, and gently tightened the strap underneath my chin.
as i swung my leg over the back of his bike and wrapped my arms around him, he promised my mom for the first time, to keep me safe.
two years later; he has held up to that promise.

i can not begin to explain this roller coaster of the last two years. we fell in love and created memories. we said our hellos and our goodbyes. we have had far too many fights, my hearts been broken too often. we broke up, got married, moved across the country, endured a pregnancy, almost got a divorce, said goodbye for Deployment, had a son, fought some more, then now.
now; we're back to where we should have been all along.

i have never loved a man, then hated a man, then fell back in love with him, while i was still trying to hate him. i can't stay mad at him too long, it just never works. no one has ever known my secrets as he has, from day one even. i have never trusted anyone with my life, as i do him. i have never fought with someone as hard as him and i do at times. but as much as i want to kill him some days, i would kill FOR him, any and every day.
i know that we have only known each other for two years. that we didn't see each other much at all before we got married only 9 months later. i know we rushed. him and i will always be like fire and gasoline. but somehow that all just seems to fit perfectly.

i will never know how, or why, we fell in love. i stopped wondering months ago. because it doesn't matter, all that matters is that we did. 
him; a punk rock adrenaline junkie skater boy that listens to wrap and didn't have a care in the world.
her; a quiet country girl wrapped in a book that was too determined to get somewhere in life that she didn't stop to live.
i like bright colors, he likes dark. he was always rap and my country. i cared about being successful and he cared about having fun. we handle things differently, view things differently, and were not always on the same page. he goes to bed early to wake up early, i stay up late to sleep in. i'd rather lay around and read all day while he wants to get out.
the only thing we agree on, is our own little family.
nothing else, we more than likely never will.

these past two years seem like forever, but just yesterday as well.
every memory of ours will forever be lked inside of my body. 
and he will forever be a part of me.

Michael Patrick, i love you.
more than you can imagine.
you saw me when no one else was looking. when i was invisible.
i love you for all that you are, and all that you are not.
forever, forever.
& always.

also, it's August 1st.
Officially FOUR months down in this Deployment.
the guys will be home before we know it!

and another side note, since i don't blog much anymore, damn laptop.
my parents are heading to twentynine palms!! they are currently in Oklahoma dropping off things for my brother. and should be here by Thursday!
we have a long, exhausted, cram filled week, that we have to fit the past year into, and the next 8 months.
so, i more than likely will just Blog when we part again.
and spill my broken heart of saying goodbye to my best friend. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment