Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 130; changes.

Day 130; Operation Deployment.

tomorrow is the last day that my parents will be here in California.
their visit completely changed my life.
it was exactly what i needed before Michael got home.
the moment my mom saw my son, she burst into tears, he was beautiful.
seeing them together made my heart swell. i hadn't seen her in a year, and now, i had a baby, our baby boy. her third grandchild.
all ours.
and i loved every minute of sharing it with her.
thursday we went to walmart so she could buy me a bookshelf to begin my library.
Mike promised be the night we got married that in our permanent house, he would build me a library. so we decided to start now.
we went on base and got an amazing deal on moto shirts, and we went to the commissary. i showed her where Ryder was born, and she forgot to count all the palm trees from the main gate. it felt good to show them my new life, i knew that were proud of me. that's an amazing feeling.
we stayed up late just talking, and putting my books on my new shelf, starting to get my house in order so that it was less fuss for me to deal with before Homecoming. we went to sonic, my moms first time. that night my mom and i stayed up late, going through Ryders clothes and sorting through them, being all slap happy until 3 am, where my mom tried sliding down our carpeted stairs on her butt, laughing the entire way day. it was like we were 15 year old best friends having a sleepover. never missing a beat.
on friday we drove out to santa monica, on very little sleep. and stopped at in and out burger, my moms first time. and then got my t mobile junk fixed, so HOPEFULLY, i will have a fully functioning cell phone here in a few days. still, no laptop. the lady that was suppose to send me the recovery disks, failed to. so if anyone has an Asus set of disks, or a Windows 7 disk to restore an Asus, please let me know! but i am now the primary on our t mobile account so that i can now make all choices, and not have to worry anymore.
we FINALLY hit the beach and the boardwalk, where it was freezing, far more than i had expected! but we had a good time regardless.
there was a random plot of fake grass and a ton of people doing handstands. it was so weird. but they SUCKED!
so my mom and i, being the gymnasts we were, tucked in our shirts and showed them all up. that woman can still make me sweat when it comes to walking handstands!
then my dad and i decided to freeze ass in the ocean and try to surf. we bought a board years ago at a yard sale and he lugged it 2,200 miles to the ocean.
for it to barely float.
lmao.
i stood on the damn thing for about 3 seconds before it sunk, and i was frozen.
but at least we can say we tried. haha.
that will always be remembered.
it make me remember all the old car rides and road trips we use to have together.
stopping at gas stations and getting beef jerky and soda, for some reason my dad would always want choclate milk.
waking up and aching because yu slept in a funny position and was stuck in a car for too long.
the familiar blast of music in your ears from your cd/mp3 player, and singing along, and of course mom being mean and covering her ears because we all know i sing terribly.
i kept looking out the window and holding back tears as the fact that this time, i won't be going with them.
but then i looked over at my sleeping son, or him talking to his new carseat toy, and smiled. and understood that this was exactly where i belonged.
saturday and sunday were lazin around days, staying around here, my mom and i finished our house and almost finished ryders nursery. daddy and i will be picking out new furniture for him during leave.
and laughed about old times, drank wine coolers, played kinect, and just, made the most of our time together. in the back of my mind though, things were tough. i hate saying goodbye.
saying goodbye is the hardest part.
and saying goodbye to my mom, is the most difficult thing in the world.

having my parents being here, i realize how much i have grown up in the past year. my house is now a home for my husband and my son, and our crazy monster shepard together. being with them here, made me miss Mike even more. he's our family and should have been here. t's given me a much needed break in life, and i am full prepared to take back over when they leave. showing them my city, the scneinic outlook we went to, walking around my complex, i could tell, that they were no longer worried about my life. that Ryder and i were going to be okay, and that when Mike comes back, i will have everything under complete control. now all i have to worry about is making homcoming signs and posters, and send out the last two packages because YES! we have mail cut off dates now!! and just sit, and wait.
i love my husband and our sweet little baby.
Mike has changed so much. in one simple email. the old Mike would have easily done things completely different as he did, but he changed, and he proved it. because he didn't do anything the way he use to do. i am so, so proud of how far we have come in our marriage!!

well, tomorrow is my last full day with my mommy and daddy.
so i'm going to get off here and go watch a movie with my best friend and throw popcorn at each other. and laugh like i'm not dying inside. </3

No comments:

Post a Comment