Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day Six; Operation Stork

Day Six; Operation Deployment.
What a gloomy day in 29 Palms, but i got to sleep after i talked to my hubby for a little bit on facebook, it was wonderful!
i didn't feel like doing much today so i just laid around and slept.
my mom sent me a 30 pound care package, box number three, filled with baby essentials.
she's really been such a big help with this baby, girl AND boy. lol.
i live for those boxes, they make me feel so wonderful.

then i went to the Operation Stork baby shower on base.
i have to say, for as screwy as the Marine Corps can be, they do some pretty wonderful things for the wives.
we got lots of food and freebies, a free diaper bag filled with baby stuff, and i even won a high chair! which is pretty cool because it's something we don't have yet.
I'm really glad that i took a tylenol and went. got me out of the house for a little bit.

when i got home, i started getting to work. ever since the last doctors appointment i've been pretty nervous about Ry just popping out and things aren't done yet. 
i did two loads of laundry from my mom and i put it all away. the newborn in one drawer, the 0-3 in another. and i can honestly say, we DO NOT need anything smaller that 3 months. i swear i will have to change him seven times a day if i want him to wear it all, lol.
i put his new crib bedding on his crib, got the random things out of his pack n play and put the sheet on that. i got his little basket of diapers and wipes ready, and his bathroom all set and cleaned.
now all that needs to be done is the cleaning of OUR things that i just havent gotten to.
maybe I'll tackle all that tomorrow and just relax for the rest of the days.
because i know he can be here any day now.
all thats missing is daddy. =]

his mom messaged me on facebook, after i had messaged her telling her i wasn't ready to add her back to my facebook yet.
maybe one day i will be, or won't be.
so she gets all fake and tells me she just wants to know when her own flesh and blood is born.
and that she sees how much mike loves Ryder and i and she would never try to tear us apart.
little does she know that she's been trying to get between us since we got together and it hasn't worked, so of course it couldn't work now.
she keeps asking what i need for him.
and honestly, it bothers me.
i don't ever want to feel like i owe her something, and i hate the fact that she can be all mushy when she wants something. 
i'll tell her when my son is born when I'm good and ready.

which reminds me. I'm turning updates on labor, delivery, and Ryder here within the next few days.
no pictures posted, no updates written.
i just havent decided when.
i've been lucky enough to get to talk to Mike quite a bit lately but i don't know when that will stop and really, it isn't fair to him.
so if questions are asked, they more than likely won't be answered more than likely starting Sunday. 
unless of course you're in my labor team, yes, i have a whole team now, lol. then you HAVE to know.
after he's born and i get hold of Mike, i will more than likely post.
no pictures as well until i know he's seem them.
just hope that Ryder and i have a quick and safe delivery! and keep us in your thoughts!
<3

3 comments:

  1. Trust me, you WILL change him like 5 times a day! I never thought I would have to change Bry that much but I do.

    && we should come up with a name for the team haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is going to go great during your labor! Ryder is going to come out perfect in every single way and you're going to be a great mommy. :) I'm a little sad you aren't going to be showing pictures, but I would do the same thing if Ryan were where Mike is. Keep doing things the way you want to do them, Kim. This is your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a smooth and fast delivery! =) If you need anything at all just let me know.

    ReplyDelete