Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 37; 5 weeks down.

Day 37; Operation Deployment.
Day 14; Baby Ryder.

so, i know i have been slacking on my posting.
having a newborn is more exhausting than i thought it would be.
i have survived 5 weeks without my husband and it has been far from easy.
i've had a few breakdowns where everything seems to be going wrong.
it'd just be sooo much easier to have a helping hand sometimes.
but all in all, I'm handling it far better than i had expected.
i miss him, a whole, whole lot. i'm already over it all. and we still have 25 weeks left.

today, my husband sent me flowers from Afghanistan. :)
they were a day early, for my first Mommy's Day.
he's so sweet and perfect. i wish i coulda just kissed his handsome face!

and then we got to skype for about 2 hours. 
in and out of connection of course.
and he got to see baby Ryder.
i wish it was here in person though!
he still has his dorky sense of humor that i love so much. and it seems like his spirits are up. just really tired all the time, and hot. just like we are here!
i love his smile.
i just hate the fact that i can't just reach out and touch him. 
but i know i have to wait for that day to come, seems so far from now.
but the time is really passing quickly.
i just hope that it stays that way for the both of us.
he's also doing MCMAP out there and earning his belts. i know that's something he really wanted, so that makes me smile for him.
starting another care package tomorrow, for our Anniversary, which isn't that far away!
man, seriously, how time really flies!
i'm just really glad things haven't really changed for us.

our son is now 2 weeks old and he grows and changes every single day.
he is the love of our lives and we can't imagine our life together without him now.
even though his daddy is so far away.
he has his daddys chin and feet and farts.
and his light colored hair from when HE was a baby.
he has such a strong personality and is stubborn like the both of us.
he's just perfect, all 8 whopping pounds of him.
because he's a lil fat kid, didn't ya know?


anyway, I'm off to read a book and fall asleep with my little munchkin.
Happy Mommy's day to all old mommies, new mommies, mommies to be, adoptive mommies, and surrogate mommies.
you are all so amazing.
i miss and love mine oh so much!!
my mommy and i are my wedding day, May 29th, 2010.
these family crystals have been passed down generation, to generation.
each time, the womans mother has placed them around her daughters neck before giving the bride away.
it was an emotion moment for the both of us.
and i wish that i didn't live 2,200 miles away from her.
she's my best friend, we've gotten even closer since we found out that her baby, was having a baby.
i love you Paula Jean, my shoulder, my hero, my best friend, my MOMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Look at that precious, chunky belly! Happy Mother's Day! Each day you are one day closer to the end! Glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete