Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 100!!!!!



Day 100; Operation Deployment.

i can honestly say that some of my toughest days have been wrapped within these last 100. but i can also say, that i got through them, as tough as they might have been.
another 100 to go!

in celebration of this little day, i decided to go out and get a new tattoo in honor of my husband.
 i have been thinking about it for awhile, and have been waiting for something Mike has written for the saying. my original plan was to have it in his writing, but it's too small and i guess it wouldn't have looked right. in the last letter he wrote me he wrote "i will protect you against anything in the world." and i wanted it on my wrist. i have small wrsts so i shortened it to "i will protect you against the world."
and i decided to copy his signature from a previous letter, and add that to my arm. in electric blue of course. :)
it looks, fucking amazing and i am extremely happy with it.
when i sent the picture to Mike when we were IMing he was like woah, is that real? when i said yes he told me he didn't know what to say. preparing my heart to break, his next message was, "have i told you lately, just how much you really mean to me, how much i love you?!"
and that by getting a tattoo dedicated to him, it made him realize, that we WERE going to make it. i mean, kinda have to now ya know? i have his name on my arm.
granted, totally doesn't look like his name, more like, scribbles. so i could always pass it off as some other language ahaha!
then he got on OUR facebook page and posted a cute status about loving and missing us and couldn't wait to get back to us, forever forever. silly boy, hacking the facebook.
he's just such a sweet man!
i'm really glad he liked it, i honestly, love it. it's perfect for about, every stupid thing we have ever gone through. i can't wait until he comes home to kiss it. :)

in these past 100 Days
i kissed my love goodbye.
i became super wife, and super mom.
my water broke, i drove myself to the hospital, i was knocked out for a C Section, i held our son for the first time.
i recovered fabulously ON MY OWN. 
i figured out Ryders Colic, eating issues, pooping and sleeping habits.
i have bitch out Time Warner a total of three times.
i have paid all over bills on time. and i have managed to relearn how to pump gas. [lmao, i hate pumping gas, so i always had Mike do it.]
i have lost one dog.
my laptop broke.
i have dealt with ant and fly infestations.
i sideswiped a yellow cement pole with the truck.
i drove 2 hours to a mall.
i have lost a lot of respect for people, lost a lot of "friends"
learned who my true ones are.
realized that blood means nothing.
i have eaten McDonalds countless times, and the same things over and over.
i have fought with my husband, for my husband, and dealt with drama.
i have falling out, and back into, love.
i have wanted to walk away on more than one occasion, but chose to stay,
i have read 7 books, which sucks. i'm use to about 5 books a month.
i have taken about, a bajillion bubble baths.
i have drank 2 six packs f MGD. and figured out how to make steak. a little late now that mikes gone.
i have sent ut 7 care packages.
receieved dozens of heartfelt phone call, emails, IM sessions, Skype dates, and love letters.
and i have sent just as many back.
i have had about, 23 meltdowns.
i have rearranged almost every room in my house.
and turned our house into a home.
i have lost myself, and i have found more strength than i could ever imagine.
i fall more and more in love with my son, every single day.
ad lately, i have been doing the same with my husband. 
here's to putting the bullshit first 100 in the past. and hoping the last 100 is a helluva lot better.

i love you michael patrick.
your mommy and daddy love you Michael Ryder.

No comments:

Post a Comment